Climbing Bears Awarded Platinum Award for First Aid Commitment!
Here at Climbing Bears our commitment to the children's safety is reflected in all our newly accredited Platinum Award from our friends at Tigerlily First Aid Training.
We are proud to say that every staff member has attended a 12hr Pediatric First Aid Course and meets the requirements set out within the Early Years Foundation Stage 2017. (Annex A. Pg36)
'The full PFA course should last for a minimum of 12 hours (excluding breaks) and cover the areas set out in paragraph 5 as well as the following areas:
• Help a baby or child who is suffering from anaphylactic shock
• Help a baby or child who has had an electric shock
• Help a baby or child who has burns or scalds
• Help a baby or child who has a suspected fracture
• Help a baby or child with head, neck or back injuries
• Help a baby or child who is suspected of being poisoned
• Help a baby or child with a foreign body in eyes, ears or nose
• Help a baby or child with an eye injury • Help a baby or child with a bite or sting
• Help a baby or child who is suffering from the effects of extreme heat or cold
• Help a baby or child having: a diabetic emergency; an asthma attack; an allergic reaction; meningitis; and/or febrile convulsions
• Understand the role and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider (including appropriate contents of a first aid box and the need for recording accidents and incidents)'